What better way to enjoy the company of your female friends, bask in the stunning Tuscan sunlight and build memories to last a lifetime than on our Ladies’ Escape tour? For 7 days you’ll get to stay in a Tuscan villa set in the heart of the countryside of Cortona.
Every day we’ll have an exciting selection of activities to take part in, with trips to the local towns, a Vespa tour, a spa day complete with a luxurious massage and a host of other exhilarating things to see and do.
This trip is for the ladies, and for good reason.
If you love the idea of shopping, submersing yourself in Italian culture, taking in the sights and sounds of Tuscany and relaxing as you are pampered and treated like a Queen, this is the trip for you.
Whether you’re a husband or partner hoping to treat your special lady to a holiday that she’ll never forget, or if you’re looking for a unique way to spend a hen-party, celebrate a birthday, or get together with friends; we’re sure that you’ll enjoy every moment of this trip.
You’ll get to stay in our fully equipped villa as a group, take part in a luxurious dinner in an underground jewellery showroom, enhance your cooking skills with an extensive lesson, tour the region on the back of a Vespa and much, much more.
To learn more about this trip and the tours included, please get in touch with our friendly team today.
TOUR DATES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
TOUR DATES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
7 Days - Ladies’ Escape
To get your Ladies’ Escape underway, we’ll pick you up personally from the station and bring you back to your home for the week. You’ll have some pleasant time to settle in and relax as you’re welcomed into your new surroundings. We’re sure that your journey will have chipped away at your appetite, so to immerse you into the Tuscan lifestyle, we’ll head out for a meal.
“To get the first full day of your tour off to an exciting start, we’ll head into the nearby town of Cortona; where we have plenty of things for you to see and do! Our enthusiastic tour guide will take you on an enjoyable walk of the town, with coffee included. To integrate you with the Tuscan lifestyle, you’ll experience lunch at a local trattoria. With your stomach full, you’ll have the opportunity to sit and relax to your heart’s content or explore the town in greater detail.
Mid-afternoon If you feel ready to return to your apartment, we’ll give you the option to be collected and transported at this time. If you chose to stay in Cortona or travel back home to the villa – we’ll meet back up and take you into town in preparation for your evening meal. What better way to savour the flavours of Cortona than with a traditional aperitivo in the Piazza, followed by dinner!”
At 8:45am we’ll be heading into Pienza; another hotspot for visitors and locals alike and filled with exciting things to see and do. Whether you’re planning on riding alone or with a pillion – you’ll love traversing the streets on a traditional Italian Vespa moped. After a full day of exploring, eating, sightseeing and shopping, we’ll take you back to your accommodation to relax for a couple of hours before dinner. For your evening meal, we will take you to one of the local eateries in Cortona, where you’ll partake of the fine food and exquisite wine
For any ladies hoping to enhance their culinary skills, you’ll likely be pleased to hear that we’ll be heading to your exciting cooking class at 3pm. You’ll get to prepare 4 meals, learn about the traditional methods of cooking Italian cuisine and even sit with your chef to enjoy your tantalising dishes.
Siena is one of the most prominent towns in the region and that’s where our agenda will be leading us this morning. You’ll get to enjoy a walking tour of the area, complete with information, sightseeing and an opportunity to meet and greet the locals. After your tour you’ll have some free time before we head back to the villa – and you could spend it shopping or enjoying a Panini as you travel to name just a few options. We’ll get you back to your accommodation where you can unwind by the pool, enjoy a little relaxation time, or take a walk around the local area to further immerse yourself. At 7pm we will take you into Cortona to enjoy an elegantly lavish dinner at an underground Jewelery showroom.
This morning we have an exciting tour of Chianti on the cards. We’ll be stopping in Castellina for a coffee and the exhilirating opportunity to explore the town and all it has to offer. We then have an extended lunch and tasting session planed at an exquisite organic winery, where there will be the opportunity to meet the winemakers.
What ladies retreat would be complete without a spa day to truly stimulate your senses and allow you to unwind before you return home? This is our plan for the day. You’ll be treated to a massage, a tastebud-tingling lunch and then a glass (or four!) of Prosecco – made from the local vineyards in and around the region. With your mind and body relaxed, we’ll celebrate your time with us by enjoying an Italian aperitivo and then a farewell dinner in Cortona.
We will then drop you back to the station and wish you well on your journey – and we’ll look forward to seeing you again for even more memories of Tuscany.
What is Included
7 Days - Ladies’ Escape
- 7 enjoyable nights in our Tuscan villa; which has been renovated from a traditional Italian farmhouse
- Our bilingual hosts will be on hand throughout the tour to assist you
- We’ve scheduled tours to suit our female visitors; from tours of the towns, to a spa day
- You’ll find a fully provisioned apartment and all breakfasts included
- This tour features 3 tantalising lunches
- Wine will be included with each of your 6 traditional dinners at a local restaurant or trattoria
- Your Vespa tour will include your helmet and a guide – and there are options to be a passenger if you’d prefer not to drive
- Enhance your culinary skills with a traditional Tuscan cooking lesson
- You’ll get to enjoy a wellness experience at a local spa, complete with a 30 minute massage
- You’ll explore Cortona and Siena on foot, with options to stop for food, stock up on ingredients and enjoy a spot of shopping
- A complementary bottle of wine and beer will be included
- Enjoy wine tasting at local and family-owned vineyards and wineries
- We’ll take care of all of your travel requirements as detailed in your itinerary
- For any tour-free days, we’ll transport you to the local station for your own adventures
- We will take care of collecting you when you arrive and dropping you off to the station when you depart
- You can also opt to have us take you into Cortona on a tour-free day.
- Please note that you will be responsible for covering the cost of your airfares
- You will also need to pay for traveller’s insurance if you choose to take it out (recommended)
- Certain landmarks and attractions such as museums and galleries may charge a fee for entry
- We provide all meals detailed on your itinerary – any outside of this will need to be paid for by yourself
- You’ll have to pay for your personal expenses including gifts, snacks, train tickets and so on
Il Mandorlo, Fratticciola
Il Mandorlo is a rural house dating back to the 17th Century which has been restored in keeping with its original shape and materials. It is located in the valley ‘Val di Chiana’ nearby the historical centre of Cortona.
The house is divided into five apartments with all modern facilities including air conditioning and WI-FI. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the infinity swimming pool provides a panoramic view of the historical centre of Cortona and surrounding valley.
Set in a quiet location but close enough to the main roads which connect to all the well-known historical cities and villages.
It is an image of rolling hills, vineyards, age-old trees, golden wheat in Spring, Sunflowers in Summer and the constantly changing shades of the earth.
Accommodation is subject to availability at time of booking.
7 Days - Ladies’ Escape
The tour begins near the historical centre of Cortona. Upon arrival we will meet you at our local train station Camucia-Cortona and will transfer you, via vehicle to the villa, which is a short drive into the countryside.
Cortona is located 2.5 hours by regional train from the main train station in Rome (Roma Termini) and 1.5 hours by regional train from the main train station in Florence (Santa Maria Novella).
Train Travel to the Villa
If you are already in Italy connection to either Roma Termini or Firenze Santa Maria Novella train stations is easily accessible via other train stations.
Either of these two major cities are a good option for your arrival into Italy and then travel to our location. We will meet you at our local train station Camucia-Cortona and will transfer you, via vehicle to the villa, which is a short drive into the countryside.
Arrival from Rome Airport:
- Take the Leonardo Express Train from Rome Airport to Roma Termini Train Station (This is a 30min journey and will cost approximately 15 Euro)
- From there take a regional train to Camucia-Cortona (This is a 2.5hr journey and will cost approximately 15 Euro)
Arrival from Florence Airport:
- Take the bus that goes to Firenze Santa Maria Novella Train Station (This takes approximately 30mins and will cost approximately 15 Euro)
- From there take a regional train to Camucia-Cortona (This is a 1.5hr journey and will cost approximately 13 Euro)